When you go out to eat, do you ever question what’s in your food? You may ask: Is it healthy? What’s this doing to my body? Should I even be eating this? At Thai Ginger, there’s no need to worry. When you eat Thai food, you can answer YES to all of those questions.
What makes Thai food so great?
For one thing, many dishes contain a lot of ginger! And, ginger has tons of health benefits. Here are some of the qualities that make ginger so great!
Ginger contains a diverse number of vitamins, and minerals. With properties like Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ginger is a miracle worker. Click here for full article.
Vital Nutrients in Fresh Ginger
100 grams (about 3.5 ounces) of raw ginger contains approximately:
- 80 calories
- 17.8 grams carbohydrates
- 1.8 grams protein
- 0.7 grams fat
- 2 grams dietary fiber
- 415 milligrams potassium (12 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams copper (11 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams manganese (11 percent DV)
- 43 milligrams magnesium (11 percent DV)
- 5 milligrams vitamin C (8 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams vitamin B6 (8 percent DV)
- 0.7 milligrams niacin (4 percent DV)
- 34 milligrams phosphorus (3 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams iron (3 percent DV)
Rachel Link, MS, RD is an expert on the major health benefits of ginger. Here’s what she says are the top 12:
Top 12 Health Benefits of Ginger
- Helps treat nausea
- Fights Fungal infections
- Protects Against Stomach Ulcers
- Eases Menstrual Pains
- May Inhibit Cancer Growth
- Regulates Blood Sugar
- Relieves Joint and Muscle Pain
- Lowers Cholesterol Levels
- Improves Brain Function
- Blocks Bacterial Infections
- Eases Inflammation
- Promotes Proper Digestion
What’s the moral of this story?
At Thai Ginger many of our dishes contain ginger. Rest assured, you can dine at Thai Ginger and not feel guilty about what you’re putting in your body. We take a lot of pride in that. These are just a few of our guest’s favorite ginger dishes:
Battered prawns and seasonal vegetables deep fried to perfection then topped with our chef’s special tamarind sauce and sprinkled with fried ginger and basil. Comes with your choice of brown or white Jasmine rice.
Thai Ginger Garden Salad
Seasonal mixed green vegetables including cucumber, onion and tomato. Served with ginger dressing.
Thai Ginger Special
Stir-fried fresh ginger, onion, shiitake mushrooms, white mushrooms, celery, bell pepper in oyster sauce.